Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's A Girl!!

Well, it's official. We had our court case today and Sasha is forever "Sasha Reese Jensen." It would be terribly difficult to describe the emotions and thoughts that raced through my mind as I stood in that court room listening to the judge and then hearing her make the decree that "from this day forward this child shall be known as Sasha Reese Jensen, daughter of Daniel Gordon Jensen and Kerri Dawn Jensen."

Sasha had to enter the courtroom at one point during the hearing and answer a few questions and state that yes, she did wish to be adopted by us. The funny part of the hearing came when the judge asked Sasha if she was concerned about communicating with us. She asked, "How will you handle communicating with your new parents until you learn English?" Sasha replied, "It's no problem at all. Natasha translates everything for me!" Hahaha! I guess that Sasha just forgot that Natasha is not coming home to Texas with us! The entire courtroom including the judge got a big laugh from that. Sasha wasn't even embarrassed. She just laughed along with us. What a trooper.

We followed up our hearing with a celebration lunch at a wonderful restaurant right across from the Church On Spilled Blood. As I type this, she sits next to me probably wondering what in the world I'm saying with these funny looking letters on this screen. I stop typing to ponder what I will say next, turn my head, and we look at each other and smile. She knows. She knows that she is forever safe now, and forever part of a family. I know how I feel. What I can't seem to grasp is how she feels. What is she really thinking? What does it feel like to be an orphan one minute and a daughter the next? I guess in many ways I should know. After all, I once was lost. I was once a spiritual orphan one minute and a daughter of the King of the universe the next.

Outside the court house after our hearing
Our celebration lunch

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Kerri! Loved it, and feel so much excitement and joy for you guys!! Can't wait to meet your newest daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So very happy for all of you and excited to meet Sasha soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post! I can't wait to meet her! I love the picture of her in the sidebar....little cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a glorious day!! I am so excited for y'all!! I just said to Alan, "it's amazing how Sasha looks like Dan and Kerri! You would never know she was adopted by looking at her!" Alan said, "that is a God thing! Isn't He amazing?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, Keri! SO happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cried reading your post just now. Celebrating here in Wylie with you. Woohoo! God is so good, and He is a pursuing God.
    Love, Patty

    ReplyDelete