Thursday, April 14, 2011

Light At the End Of the Tunnel Of Wait

If ever there were a word associated with adoption, it would most certainly have to be "wait."
We've waited nearly 5 years- sort of- but that's a long story for another time. I first met my dear Sasha last August when she came to Texas with Buckner's "Angels From Abroad" program. We made our first trip to St. Petersburg, Russia in February and have just received a court date for April 28. At long last, my dear Sasha will make her way home. Below is an excerpt from my journal while in Russia in February.

February 22, 2011
I awake this morning and my dear Sasha is sleeping in the living area of our hotel room. I suddenly feel completely overwhelmed. She has so many needs. But what did I expect? I read Oswald Chambers this morning. "Perseverance is our supreme effort of refusing to believe that our hero is going to be conquered. If our hopes seem to be experiencing disappointment right now, it simply means that they are being purified. Every hope or dream of the human mind will be fulfilled if it is noble and of God." Perseverance is not sitting by waiting for God to do something. I have waited for this day for so long believing all the while that I was persevering. However, I don't think I've been truly persevering until now. Now I am in it. There is action. I'm beginning to realize while writing this that I do not need to fear not being able to meet all of Sasha's needs. I could never meet all of her needs. Only her heavenly Father can meet all of her needs. Truth is, I can't even meet all of my own needs. I trust in you Father, and I wait to hear your voice. Please show kindness and speak oh so clearly.

4 comments:

  1. Kerri, your blog looks awesome!! So glad you took the plunge, and I can't wait to follow along through your time in Russia. This was a great post, and great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you got a blog! You will find out very quickly there are tons of adoptive parents out there that love to read other adoptive blogs... looking for inspiration and advice. It's such a great ministering tool and opportunity to tell your story and help so many others on their journey as well, and you guys have SO MUCH to offer. Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found the blog Kerri. Amazing what a few key search terms into Google will do. We look forward to reading it and following your journey. спокойной ночи (Chris/Claire/Anastasia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're following the blog. Praying for you guys. Yipeeeee!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete