Thursday, May 12, 2011

Platinum Dan

It's a relaxing morning in the Admirals Club at DFW Airport. I've always hated how much Dan has to travel with his job. However, the perks are definitely paying off on this trip. After traveling all these years he is "Lifetime Platinum." Our friends joke and call him "Platinum Dan." I used to feel guilty about using the perks when we traveled, but those feelings are definitely gone on this trip. I felt no remorse at all as I checked in at the first class line, and walked right by everyone in the security line. :) I also feel no remorse as I sit in the cushy seats in the Admirals Club. And I will definitely feel no remorse at having been upgraded to first class seats on the flight to Chicago and business class seats on the long flight to Helsinki Finland. Nope. No remorse at all.
There's more to it than that though. There's Platinum Dan himself. I can't imagine being on this journey with anyone else. His calm, secure nature. His experience at world travel- he instinctively knows exactly what to do while I stand there looking lost. His integrity. His quiet, humble leadership. I'm in love with Platinum Dan. I'm privileged to be Mrs. Platinum Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment