Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sensible Shoes

We are so excited to go home! This was our last day in Moscow as well as our last day in Russia. We slept late for some much needed rest and spent the afternoon at the Zoh-park (Zoo). The Moscow Zoo is not that large so we were able to see most everything including the dolphin show. Sasha loved the dolphin show. I was able to get a good picture of her with the giraffe.
This picture is pretty much it because she was such a camera hog! :) Good grief but this kid loves to take pictures. Maybe she'll grow up to be a photographer some day. We didn't want to pack the big camera around the zoo today so we just used our iphones. My iphone is now full of twenty-trillion photos of this animal and that. Come to think of it, I'm really glad the Moscow Zoo is small or I wouldn't have any memory left on my iphone.

People watching is quite a hobby for me. I really enjoy being around a lot of people and really enjoy people watching. Russia is a great place to people watch because Russians take their fashion quite seriously. I'm serious. These people really know how to dress. They dress up to go everywhere and the women really enjoy wearing high heels. The odd thing is they wear high heels everywhere- and I mean everywhere. And so, I found myself at the zoo in line to watch the dolphin show and suddenly found myself feeling under-dressed in my jeans and t-shirt. Check out the lady in line in front of us. I just couldn't resist snapping a picture of her heels.
Seriously? At the zoo? I mean check out the cobblestone path we had to walk all day on. My feet hurt just from my sensible shoes. If you want to make it big as a podiatrist, this would be a good country to open your practice in. Sasha wore a pair of ankle-breakers (that's what I call them) to the ballet last week. I spent the whole night using the Russian word for "be careful." I'm really good at saying that word now. Got it down.

Thank you to our family and friends for all the encouragement as we have been traveling. We love you all and look forward to seeing you again. Just a few more hours! Oh, and when we arrive, we will all be wearing sensible shoes- even Sasha.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Kerri, I can't believe that either! That's totally uncomfortable to even look at much less wear!

    ReplyDelete